09 Apr Job opportunity – Governance and Relationships Manager
Governance and Relationships Manager
£45,000 pro rata -3 days per week
Post published 28th March, 2018.
The Autism Alliance is the leading group of UK Autism charities, collectively supporting many thousands of children and adults with autism. The influence and profile of the Alliance have increased rapidly in recent years, and the organisation is now looking to recruit an intellectually robust, experienced and self-motivated individual to support the development of AAUK in this next phase as a key player at national level.
The post-holder will support the Chair and Executive to continue to raise the profile of the Autism Alliance and its unique role with key decision makers and stakeholders at national and local levels.
The Governance and Relationships Manager will act as a central point reference for Alliance members and those enquiring about the Alliance, disseminating information and providing advice and support where appropriate.
- To arrange and administer a calendar of events.
- To prepare and review, with the Executive, a Business Plan setting out Strategic Priorities for the Alliance and ensure the wider membership are involved and engaged in the process and outcomes.
- To develop a KPI dashboard in order to monitor progress against the Strategic Plan.
- To identify opportunities for members of the Alliance to increase influence on decision makers at national and local levels.
- To act as an ambassador for the Alliance and manage key relationships.
- To manage the day to day finances of the Alliance in conjunction with the host organisation.
- To prepare progress reports for the executive and wider membership.
- To develop materials for Autism Alliance members to use at local and regional level to promote good autism practice, cost effective services and the links to good outcomes for service users.
- To take forward priorities and activities identified and agreed by Alliance members.
- To carry out any other duties as are with the scope, spirit and purpose of the position as required.
The role is subject to review by members of the Executive within 6 months of commencement.
Amendment to Job Description
The job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Rights
The nature of this role will involve the receipt and awareness of confidential information about autistic people, the member organisations of Autism Alliance UK and the work streams that are commissioned by the membership. Confidentiality must be maintained as appropriate: any breaches of confidentiality may constitute gross misconduct.
- Excellent knowledge of autism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Experienced negotiator
- Ability to understand and articulate complex issues and arguments and express them in simple terms
- Highly motivated, self-starter, committed to achieving results
- Resilient, principled and a good influencer
- A good knowledge of social policy and political context
- An understanding of the economics of healthcare and social policy
- Ability to work from home
- Living within easy access of London